Friday, February 12, 2010

I just finished walking the dog in UNCW woods. Picked up a bag of trash, but counted the pieces as I went. My goal was to pick up 7 pieces today as I know I have skipped some days in the past two weeks. Anyway, what an easy goal! I picked up 101 pieces. There was more to get, but I did not have the time today or the arms to carry it.

A lot of construction debris at old construction/road sites, several pieces of styrofoam packing popcorn, 3 beer bottles and other junk, mostly plastic.

On Monday, I also picked up a bag of trash on campus. several beer cans, one beer bottle and other plastic stuff. One plastic food container, like a yogurt cup, had teeth marks from an animal. That means the animal ingested plastic--probably not a good scenario.....

No comments:

Post a Comment