Friday, February 19, 2010

Another bag of trash in UNCW woods behind Carlton Place.  I returned here today b/c I know there is a lot of trash there.  I really need to go with a big bag or a wheelbarrow one day as there is no way to get it all with one small bag.

Anyway, I was a little nervous today b/c the weather was warmer and I was reminded of the giant spider that creeped me out the other day.  I'm definitely more cautious when I am picking up litter that has been pasted to the ground by the weather--you never know what is underneath there!  It makes me want to get as much garbage picked up as possible before Spring gets here.

There are lots of plastic bags blowing around out there, many are stuck in trees and I can't get them.  Others have already started shredding apart.  I gathered some large styrofoam packaging pieces today.  One piece was almost buried and had roots growing through it!  Wonder what that does to the natural order of things?

No comments:

Post a Comment